- Tomb of Ash and PLAY EXPO MANCHESTER are calling all Crofties to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Tomb Raider.
- Come and meet the legends who stood at the foundation of the franchise!
We are excited to announce that we have worked closely with PLAY Expo to make this happen and as a result you now have the chance to meet some of the Core Design team members; the people who were involved in making the original six Tomb Raider titles are coming to Manchester this October to talk about their work on the iconic franchise: this is an unmissable and one-in-a-lifetime event for any hardcore Tomb Raider fan!
Manchester, England – August 11, 2016 – PLAY Expo Manchester, the largest video game expo in the North of
England, announced today a huge roster of events, taking place throughout the
weekend, celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Tomb Raider™ with a
one-time-only series of events, proving unmissable for fans of the franchise.
In tribute to gaming’s first lady of
adventure, the party starts with what is thought to be the largest Tomb
Raider panel ever assembled! Hosted by Sky Sports™ eSports commentator Matt Andrews, and with a
host of famous names throughout the history of the franchise, fans will have
the opportunity to engage in a Q&A with the panel as well as hear untold
stories from the development of the series. With more names yet to announce,
confirmed guests include:
- Ian Livingstone CBE: Former CEO of Eidos® Interactive
- Jeremy Heath-Smith: Executive producer and Co-Founder of Core® Design
- Natalie Cook: Lara Croft™ original model for Tomb Raider™
- Richard Morton: Lead Game Designer / Level Designer / Environmental Artist for Tomb Raider II™ – Tomb Raider III™ – Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation™ – Tomb Raider Chronicles™ – Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness™
- Gavin Rummery: Programmer for Tomb Raider – Tomb Raider II – Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness / Head of Core Design
- Heather Gibson: Level Designer for Tomb Raider / Tomb Raider II
- Andy Sandham: Level Designer / Artist / Script Writer for Tomb Raider III – Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation – Tomb Raider Chronicles
- Murti Schofield: Lead Writer / Casting for Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
- Nathan McCree: Composer for Tomb Raider – Tomb Raider II – Tomb Raider III
- Stuart Atkinson: Artist / Animator for Tomb Raider – Tomb Raider II
- James Kenny: Concept / Environmental Artist for Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
With so many cast and development members’
together at last, no reunion on this scale would be complete without the
opportunity to capture the moment, and a Tomb Raider themed photo shoot will
be the perfect place to go toe-to-toe with gaming’s greatest heroes!
In a feat worthy of Lara herself, PLAY Expo
Manchester has scoured the globe unearthing the rarest of Tomb Raider collectibles,
merchandise and memorabilia, on show in a specially designed display. Respecting
the ground-breaking gameplay that has defined the series for two decades, PLAY
Expo Manchester takes fans back in time, with every single Tomb Raider game
throughout the ages on display and ready to play!
PLAY Expo Manchester is a highly popular two-day video game event, ideal for all the family and offering visitors an unrivaled experience with features, tournaments, exhibitors, industry guests, panels and so much more. Celebrating gaming and popular culture, the expo uniquely caters for casual fans and dedicated gamers alike and promises to be an event not to be missed.
ONE WEEK TO GO and we still have some surprises for you 😉