For the past few weeks we were publishing the documents on the cancelled Kurtis Trent spin-off game – a prequel to The Angel of Darkness.
These documents sent to us anonymously. This particular anonymous contributor has sent a number of screenshots and documents to us in the past and they were eventually verified by members of the Core Design team. Therefore, we have no doubts about the authenticity of these documents.
We are pleased to say that we’ve published every single one of those documents. We are also happy that @hydraballista is now working on a comic based on these files.
For your convenience, we’ve created an itemised catalogue below.
Main concept and Design documents
Design Document (03/09/2001)
The final version of the game design document dated 3rd of September 2001.
- Kurtis Game – Synopsis
- Game genre
- Main aims in the game
- Focal points of the game
- Enemy Reactions
- Enemy patrol paths
- World navigation – Paranormal map scanner
- Players inventory
- Hand weapon inventory
- Throwing weapons inventory
- Kurtis Trent – Paranormal abilities
- Paranormal powers – Menu design
- Linking paranormal powers
- Paranormally enhanced firepower
- Game Levels and Events List
- Kurtis Trent character animations
- PSX 2 controller
- Pick ups and reward system
- Psychic power – Kurtis transformation
- Game map building
- Using the environment to full effect
- Playable cut scene sequences
- Paranormal weapon training
- Training sub games
- Ghosts and spirits
- Save game points
- Onscreen meters – Mortal energy meter
- Onscreen meters – Paranormal energy meter
- Onscreen meters – Ammunition
- Kurtis’ mortal energy – Refueling
- Kurtis’ paranormal energy – Refueling
- Evil or good – Player choice
- Antidote for evil
- Evil or good – Animation changes
- Door puzzles
- Professor to Kurtis information link up
- Multi-player game
- Weather effects
- Cutscene list and description
Remember to let us know what you think about these documents in the comments. As we know our generous anonymous contributors reads all the comments so let them know their work is appreciated!
See more exclusive Tomb Raider – the Angel of Darkness content