Tomb Raider Level Editor Competition
Tomb of Ash hosts regular competitions and giveaways. Today we are happy to reveal a special competition for our talented Tomb Raider Level Editor enthusiasts.
Contestants are asked to create “Tomb of Ash” as a level (or levels).
Details and terms:
· Contestants are asked to create a level based on our website, Tomb of Ash. Contestants are encouraged to include references to our content in their creations. Contestants may wish to create a level inside a Tomb of Ash, or a level where the goal is to get into the said Tomb. Or something completely different.
· Tomb of Ash is an award-winning, independent videogame related blog. Our branding features Ancient Egyptian symbols and motifs. As such we highly recommend the use of Egyptian assets.
· Tomb of Ash uses Anubis as its mascot, we ask contestants to utilise the image or a 3D model of Anubis throughout the level (or levels).
· You can download our logo pack from here
· There is no specific rule for the size of the level. We also allow entries with multiple levels.
· Tomb of Ash is a home for many previously unseen materials and we always have stuff yet to unveil. Contestants should consider that when they design their levels. Perhaps the levels should feature some hidden rooms?
· You are free to represent the content from our website in any way or form. For example, you may wish to represent articles from our website as papyrus scrolls.
· Ultimately, all artistic decisions are up to you. We will be looking for smart and interesting representations of our website and our work in your levels.
· As you may have noticed, we love the original Core Design Tomb Raider. Contestants should consider this when choosing which representation of Lara Croft they will be choosing for their level.
· Contestants are free to use any 3rd party assets in their creation as long as it does not violate terms and conditions for the said assets. This basically means if you’ve downloaded a model you need to make sure the author allows you to use the said model in the level.
· If contestant is using any 3rd party assets they must credit the original authors of those assets. This can be done in a form of end credits for the level (or levels) or as a special note in level description.
· All levels must come with a description. The description should not be longer than 500 words. CREDITS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR WORD COUNT.
· By submitting your levels you allow us to do Let’s Play videos, streams, screenshots and similar content.
· We also reserve right to host the level on our website. You are free to upload your level anywhere but only after the competition is over and the winners are announced.
· You can showcase your work in progress screenshots etc anywhere.. That being said we will not be looking at those as we would like to avoid spoilers 🙂
· You can use any tools, including Next Gen Level Editor.
· If you have submitted your level into this competition you can modify and change it and re-submit it by the new deadline.
· The deadline for submissions is 18:00 GMT 1st of September, 2017.
· First Place winner will receive Playmates Tomb Raider Area 51 Action Figure.
· Second and Third place winners will receive POPLara Croft Vinyl Figure.
· All the prizes above are brand new and come in the original boxes.
· In addition to Lara Croft action figures one lucky winner will receive Rise of The Tomb Raider Digital Deluxe Edition. Furthermore, we will distribute a number of lithographs, signed by the creators of the original Tomb Raider games.
· We love awarding all creators for their efforts. We may add more prizes for the 4th and 5th places in the future. We reserve right to award every non-winning entrant with a small prize.
· We are welcoming submissions from creators from any country worldwide.