KURTIS TRENT – DEMON HUNTER
THE GAME WOULD HAVE NO LINKS TO TOMB RAIDER. IT WOULD BE A PREQUEL FROM KURTIS’ EARLY DAYS WITH HIS FULL POWERS INTACT. IT WOULD BE ACTION BASED WITH MINIMAL PUZZLES, SIMPLE STORYLINE AND BE MISSION BASED.
[…OR if it is set after AOD Lara could well appear as a guest shoot-em-up-buddy]
Kurtis’ life is dogged by demonic forces popping up everywhere, even though he has abandoned his Lux Veritatis past. But he has no hesitation using the abilities developed during his early training. He cannot deny his upbringing or his destiny.
ASSETS: Kurtis is highly adaptable to many situations.
- His psychic abilities can be expanded or limited to suit different situations.
- Special weapons available, such as the Blade, can easily be expanded. We have lots of ideas for LV weapons.
- Special enemies – demons – forces of evil – rogue Lux Veritatis with powers to match his own, such as a Ninja style female.
MISSIONS – a few ideas.
- Kurtis has a mentor who briefs him and sets missions (?)
- Reconnaissance style missions with the added twist of Kurtis’ special abilities.
- Some missions could be just all out demon slaying slugfests.
- Kurtis gets hunted by a demon group who want the secret of his powers.
- Kurtis as a mercenary, a Ronin for hire. Hired to clear a city slum of ‘weird’ infestations.
- Tracking a rogue group of Lux Veritatis gone evil.
- Kurtis must find 3 legendary Lux Veritatis weapons to prevent them falling into the wrong hands.
- Kurtis even ends up freelancing for Gunderson’s global security service, The Agency, without knowing exactly who they are.
LOCATIONS – a few ideas.
- A gutted desert fortress during Kurtis’ days in the Foreign Legion.
- An abandoned ice station at the North Pole. Frozen horrors are thawing out.
- Remote Madagascan jungle tomb.
- New Orleans slums with Kurtis searching for a kidnap victim.
- Hong Kong boat town – a horrifying trade in human beings and organs is being carried out there.
- Utah Salt Flats where Kurtis goes back to visit his mother Marie Cornel-Heissturm. He and she team up to wipe out a Cabal stealth team sent to eliminate LV persons. Chance to see his kick-ass mother in action with her special abilities.
- Inside an extinct volcano with honeycomb tunnels extending miles under the Earth.
- Bio-tech weapons research station disguised as an oil rig.
- A Batcave style LV training area – with special challenges and equipment.
KURTIS’ SPECIAL ABILITIES.
We can give Kurtis a huge variation of abilities, all with their inbuilt weaknesses. His present ‘Angel of Darkness’ skills are:
- Psychically controlling the BLADE weapon [targeting on enemies]
- Psychic double jumps [leaps have extra height and distance]
- Telekinesis [opening doors, moving distant objects]
- Far seeing [using the minds eye to explore at a distance, without being seen]
- Psychic sight [seeing in the dark – his eyes glow green]
- Kurtis absorbs energy from defeated non-human enemies.
IDEAS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Kurtis’s game is independent from Tomb Raider.
- A lot of Kurtis’ background history has been worked out. We can use this.
- Players may know Kurtis already know from Angel of Darkness, but this should be a stand alone game and story.
- Demon infestations break out through human beings. Ordinary people can be voluntary hosts, or get inhabited or infected.
- Kinetic shield that absorbs impacts and energy bolts, stores it, then zaps it back at the enemy.
- Telescoping staff with two retracting blades like an ice axe. Carried on a back shoulder holster.
- A third LV weapon gets stolen by some interfering archaeologist bint in a pigtail.
- The shield gets stored back somewhere safe – too dangerous to be let out into the world.
- The staff gets destroyed.
- Kurtis’ mentor is a contemporary of his dad, an LV adept.
- An illegal LV bloodline came from the Count or Countesses guardians seen in the Castle Kriegler opening FMV (not used).
- Remote jungle portals are being gashed open by nutter tribes.
- Kurtis has tattoos and a ring.
- Kurtis gets hired as a body guard, but the client is infected and K is quarantined in a confined area.
A shadow beast/hell hound is constantly on K’s trail and pops up in all kinds of unexpected situations whilst K is exploring or even battling some other baddy.
POSSIBLE OPENING FMV TO SET THE SCENE:
AN ANCIENT BATTLE SCENE WITH LUX VERITATIS BLADES AND WEAPON OF LIGHT DEFEATING THE POWERS OF EVIL.
Let us know what you think about these documents in the comments below.